Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas

I heard this song on the radio the other day and thought about Regina. It's hard to be sad knowing how, I would love for all believers to be home for Christmas. Another song comes to mind sung by Mercy Me written by Bart Marshall Millard, I give both credit b/c I am going to quote some of the lyrics.

I can only imagine what it will be like when I walk by Your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see when Your face is before me
Surrounded by Your glory what will my heart feel? Will I dance for You Jesus? Or in awe of You be still? Will I stand in Your presence or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing, Hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all? I can only imagine when that day comes and I find myself standing in the sun I can only imagine when all I will do is forever, forever worship You.

I believe Regina will be in awe and as I stated from a conversation before this song was written that she wants to just sit at the feet of Jesus for the first thousand years. I am also sure she will sing Hallelujah because she loves to sing and forever worship Jesus. Man what a day that will be for her. Not too long ago before Regina was not communicating she wrote on her board to me, "I am ready to go home. To my new home where cancer doesn't exist, no pain, no sorrow, no tears." I kept talking to her and I reminded her this is not our home, yes Jesus went and has prepared a new home and that where I am you may be also. Regina will be face to face on that day she is finally called. Regina is strong but her body is week. She is comfortable and unless God's mighty hand touches her soon He will be bringing her home within a few days. So, yes she will BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS.

Oh how I love her and am missing her already. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I want every person she has ever known to be able to say "see ya later" on that day. So, if you are still trying to decide what you are going to do about this "Jesus" you have heard about. Ask me how to have that relationship it's not too late for you until you breath that last breath. When will that be, and are you sure you have that long???

On a personal note as things go I am having a medical procedure done today at 3:00pm, they are going to remove more tissue from a mole that was on my face, for as long as I can remember, removed it on the 18th and came back positive as Melanoma. Only in our current situation am I be the least bit concerned. So pray they get it all and there is no need to do anything else.

Thank you and may God Bless you all.

6 comments:

  1. I love that song "I Can Only Imagine". I call it the Chris song! I loved to hear Chris Douglas sing it at HAFBC. Thanking God for the strength He continues to give you each day/each minute. Continually praying for you, Regina & your children! Praying right now for your medical procedure that everything goes well and they get everything. To God Be The Glory! We love you! Sheila & Steve xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful message. I also love that song. My love and prayers for Regina, you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers going up for you, my sweet friend, Regina. You have made an impact on so many lives. I am forever grateful for our friendship sister! Thank you for your witness in my life! Thank you for your strength!
    Prayers for the entire Carlton family! I love each of you dearly!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Much love, Taylor Six

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping you and your sweet family in our prayers! We love you guys and have been so inspired and encouraged by your faith! What an awesome example of true Christ followers! Hugs to you all! - Love, Tammy L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lord bless you and your family, Kevin! You are in our prayers!-Frank and China Jenkins

    ReplyDelete