Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Grieving Widower

It has almost two weeks since Regina's homecoming and four days since we "Celebrated" that day together. Those of you that came thank you for your support. Those of you that couldn't make it I am sorry you missed it. I personally have never been to a service that every part was moving; From the slideshow, the music, the prayer, the Eulogies, the special tribute song, all the way through to the message that was delivered. I was so proud of my daughter who delivered an excellant picture of Regina. Many people that attended never knew Regina not sick, they all have told me how much they wish they could have been friends with her. I was amazed at the amount of people in attendance (people were standing in the back) another proof that we can all touch many lives as we invest in others. I am going to try to see if I can post the tribute. Let you know.

Regina is sorely missed already as she has left a huge void in our lives. But, I can tell you that it is one day at a time, with certain things triggering those memories that bring you sadness knowing that they are not here. I woke up the other night, still half asleep, and was looking for Regina on the empty side of the bed, only to realize that she won't be sleeping there. Remember this my wife did not loose her battle with cancer, as the Pastor said in better words than I've heard from another, "Regina never tasted death, the only reason she even realized she was dead is because she was face-to-face with Jesus." Christians should find great comfort in this fact. It is unnatural for me to be a "widower" it is not right for the kids to be without a Mom. Am I ad at God for this? No way He is not the authur of death, that's Satan's gig. God's will is for us to have life, abundant life unfortunatly sickness and death entered into the world with the fall of Adam and Eve.

Eternal life is still available to us through Jesus. This time of year we celebrate the birth of Jesus. Though we celebrate it that is only the start of His story. You see He came was subjected to all of the pain from loss and the temptations of life but, He did not waiver. After living a perfect life He layed it down as a sacrifice for ALL of our sins. And if we admit it, believe it and confess it we will never taste the sting of death either. It's not to late for you---yet??? What is holding you back???

Until we meet again Regina, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment