Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Below in bold type is what my daughter wrote on facebook. Please come and join us for a great time of reflection. I am truly blessed to have such great Family, Friends and FAMILY (like minded believers. I have not blogged in a while not because I didn't have plenty to say, I did, but because there are times in your life that you must look deep inside yourself and find your direction. I have been in full survivor mode that I have lost myself within myself. I won't try to explain any further other than I was so focused on my situation that I spent little time on making myself better. I know what your thinking: Of course that's what caretakers do. Well I am here to tell you, There is a new "sheriff in town", okay not really but it time to focus some effort into resurrecting the heathier side of me. So, as you see me... "and ask me how I'm doing" be sure and ask me "how my walk is" or "how my health is". I need to keep my mind right and get this temporary body back in shape in order to last however long I have left here. Now that Regina is gone to be with our Beloved Jesus, I am left here to hold it all together. I will have much support I know but most of you won't be there at 3am when I wake up and realize my wife is no longer lying next to me, as she has for the past 23 years 5 months and 17 days of our marriage. I have stated before that Regina completed me. She made me who I am, I would have never taught a Bible Study Class unless she had encouraged me to do. I would never have persued sales over management had she not told me how gifted I was. And as I read this morning on a blog ( www.wherefaithis.blogspot.com ) I would never have been challenged to know God but for God putting her in my life. Again Please come join us this Saturday as we Celebrate the Life of my wife, Regina.

God Bless


MY MOM'S CELEBRATION OF LIFE!!!!!

All,

The arrangements for the CELEBRATION OF LIFE of Regina Carlton have been set. Details are below:
... ...
Date: Saturday, December 17TH
Time: 11:00 am
Location: Northeast Houston Baptist Church

**EVERYONE WHO ATTENDS IS ENCOURAGED TO WEAR BRIGHT COLORS AS THIS WAS MY MOTHER'S WISHES
THIS WILL BE A FESTIVE AND JOYOUS OCCASION**

She will be cremated so there will not be a viewing or visitation on Friday night. There will also not be a graveside service on Saturday.

In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that donations be given to Farrington Mission that is owned and operated by the Northeast Houston Community Center, www.farringtonmission.org. Checks can be made out to “Northeast Houston Community Center” and mailed to the following address:

Northeast Houston Baptist ChurcH Community Center
c/o Northeast Houston Baptist Church
18000 West Lake Houston Parkway
Humble, Texas 77346

In Christ

4 comments:

  1. God bless you, Kevin! And your precious family! We will see you Saturday! Love & prayers, Sheila & Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, Kevin! Absolutely amazing how God has INFUSED you and your PRECIOUS children with HIS strength!!! AMAZING! It leaves me speechless....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Cathey:)
    You are right Kevin...you are certainly NOT alone...lots of "family" walking alongside ya. With every new season in life, there will be those stinky parts and beautiful parts. (I know, deep!! lol)
    We cannot possibly know what you and the kids need, so be sure to reach back out to all of us and let us know how we are able to help you. I am sure the guys can work on that accountability health kick with you. It always seems to be a hot-topic as the New Year approaches! We will see you Saturday in Pink!!
    Blessings and GRACE OVERFLOWING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have always been a personal inspiration of unwavering faith regardless of circumstance. The stories you told in bible study of how she would talk to anyone and everyone about Jesus has always stuck with me and inspired me to share His good news. It is one thing to know Jesus, it is another to LOVE him so openly like Regina did. God will continue to bless you and the kids. See you on Saturday. Love You.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete