Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

Never take for granted what you have, it could all be gone someday. Life has but one promise and that is an END. This is not the end of your soul it is however, the end of your time here on earth. It is also not a sad thing it is a very natural thing, not a fun thing but a natural event. We don't know when it will happen we just know that someday it will. Big question the is where oh where has my soul gone??? You can have assurance that you can spend eternity in Heaven and you don't have to do anything for it. In fact I don't care how much you try you can't: buy it, earn it or even deserve it. You do have to BELIEVE something though. You must believe that God sent His Son to live here on earth: live a perfect life, be tempted the same way you are and to pay the price for sin. His name was Jesus and He came to do for us, and do what we can not do for ourselves... We are brought into relationship with a God that allows no sin because Jesus' blood on the cross paid the price as a perfect sacrifice. So, if you beleive in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord you spend eternity with Him. Because He said, "I go to prepare a place for you, I will come back again abd receive you unto myself, so that where I am you my be also." (John 14:3) Don't take anything for granted be (THANKFUL AND GIVING) for life her and here after.

Well, we have seen more days than any nurse at Hospice thought we would and we are Thankful. I am Thankful for...

1. A God who knit me in the womb. making me what I am today.
2. His saving grace that is sufficient everyday as I rely on it.
3. Showing Himself to me that I can know Him personally.
4. protecting my wife, Regina until He prepared our meeting.
5. God giving me the one person that fills every void I have 23-years, 5-months, 1-day ago and counting.
6. four incredible blessings we call; Katie, Madison, Hannah and Harrison
7. the fact that each one has responded and call Jesus--Lord.
8. a free country founded upon Christian principles.
9. men and women who protect those freedoms.
10. a home to live in.
11. a church home that loves serving God.
12. a Pastor that even teaches on the hard issues of the Bible and unashammed.
13. the living and breathing Bible he preaches from, "God's Word" to us.
14. the many people who have loved on, prayed for and cryed with us.
15. a spouse that shows me how to persevere.
16. affliction for without it I could not see my blessing.
17. peace that passes all understanding.
18. "Hope", the hope that assures me, I will one day see loved ones again.
19. God's provision, yes a place to come and work hard and see my wears.
20. extended family that stand firm with us.
21. the many nurses that care for Regina everyday.
22. the many people that have sat with her, provided a meal or even a HUG.
23. The ability to write this down so I don't keep it in.
24. and following each and every breath that remains in Regina's body.

I have truly been blessed and I knoww you are too. Many don't know it, because they forget to give. Give themselves so we can see our problems are small, when we focus on others. I end with this; as Regina lives out the last few days of her life be thankful and give of yourself.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING and God Bless each of you.

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful that God brought you & your family into our family's lives! Remembering all the fun times we had at Church, at each others homes, Easter luncheons at our clubhouse, going out to dinner, the wonderful Gaither concert in Dallas (and Steve trying to sell all those tickets he had bought without getting arrested for scalping...lol), and the laughter! Praying continually for all of you! Keeping the faith and pressing forward! Thanking God for each day we have! We love you all! (((HUGS))) Sheila & Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all! Remembering to be thankful for what we have today! David, Lee Ann and the kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing these beautiful updates, they are a witness and a beautiful testimony to the Lord, and a really beautiful account of Regina and her journey. Your family holds dear memories for us, and when we lived in Walden, Regina was such a huge part of our lives. Memories range from lunches, shopping, fundraising, Women of Walden, parties, baby showers, swim meets and do much more. She is a driving force of love, wit, creativity and kindness here on earth, and she will have all of Heaven in stitches when God chooses to have her at His side. I am praying for you, Regina, and your beautiful children. I am praying for peace- that passeth all understanding. God Bless You, Juliana & Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. A memory I wanted to share about Regina

    In 2005 Regina followed me into the ladies room at church to comfort me because I just had a second miscarriage in one year. She encouraged me and shared that she too had a miscarry and if she had not miscarried she would not have been blessed with Harrison and Hannah. She gave me a big hug and cracked a joke that made me laugh. It warmed my heart that she would pursue me to give me hope and encouragement and put a smile on my face.

    Heaven is holding our "Glory Babies", until we can. Praise God.

    Jen Douglas

    ReplyDelete