Monday, November 14, 2011

Lesson's Learned

First and foremost I'd like to thank all of you for your thoughtful posted comments they are timely and well received. I also want publicly apologize to a reply to a comment that was made as well. You see I didn't agree with the position taken and instead of receiving with the love that it was intended, I took it as on opportunity to "enlighten for fellow Christian" and that was the wrong thing to do. You see God has a way of dealing with us, as we need to be reminded of our own fallible tendencies. None of us is so smart that we are right about everything, don't get me wrong it is absolutly necessary to correct the essentials of Christianity but we should never divide over the nonessentials. Some topics require both sides to keep level heads and keep emotion far removed only dealing in facts. With all this said I do believe Romans 14 to be true.

Updates on Regina are that: she is comfortable, she is now in a hospital type bed in our room, she has lost most of her fine motor skills(so is unable to right). Now don't think this means she can't communicate her face and eyes speak volumes. Here face said it all as the NEHBC praise team come to the house and sang praise and worship songs, we prayed and just had church right there in our bed room. It is something to have a keyboard, two guitars and two extra vocalists in the room all at the same time singing praises to the Lord, with some old hymns and some even more contemporary stuff. We had a blast something the attending nurse will not soon forget. I her Rose, on the phone calling all of her friends telling them how she got to work and come to church and never left the same building. She went on and on about how special Regina must be to all the people that know her, she said, "I'll just have to wait 'til the other side of life to get to know her like these folks know her now..What a Blessing, What a Blessing." Rose now understands why so many come by to see Regina; she touched many lives it's because she reflects Jesus. She put on Christ's love because she too knew that she could offend people some times while in the flesh. It is so wonderful to be a part of a Community that accepts us right where we are and ministers to both saved and the lost.

The other thing that happened this weekend is that our two oldest Katie and Madison went down to te 5th Ward and advertised for the Crisis Pregnancy Center that is housed within the Farrington Mission that God has blessed NEHBC with. Katie has stated that God's calling was brought to her front and center. Her life will forever be changed as she takes this next step in her walk as a Christian. Madison has not said much yet, but it normally takes longer to resinate and then you can start to see changes being made. All of this to say that our children are growing up to know what is means to be mission minded and part of a community of believers.

This is all for know check back soon.

God Bless

9 comments:

  1. Carltons, I share your blog with a few friends and I have an idea that you have no clue how many lives you are touching. I've been told how awesome your family is, how amazing Kevin is as a husband, father and Christian. This is a response I got today and couldn't help but share it with you: "What a family!!! I think I cry every time I read these….because they are inspirational and sad and because I am insanely pregnant! Lol! These posts make me really count my blessings and are connecting me to Jesus that much more. So biblical and is probably the reason when my husband and I were discussing baby names that we were determined for our son’s name to be biblical…. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome what they church did for y'all wish I could have been there to see her face and y'all as well. Take care Stacy Stetz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing her tomorrow!! Same here, not much from the boys. Unless it is about sports or hunting, not much to say!! LOL

    Blessings and peaceful sleep tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carlton Family,
    I just found out you have a blog...wish I'd known sooner, but all in God's timing right! I love your family and continue to pray for all of you during this challenging time. Your life is a testimony to others. Know you are loved and being lifted up in prayer.
    Love to all of you,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin
    I, too , was not aware of this Blog...I did receive a call asking prayer for Regina. This was October 17...I did call and left a message on your home phone.
    I have been reading your entries...Thank you for personalizing your life with Regina with us. You and Regina and the darling children are in our prayers here at the Home Office...

    Mike Glenn
    Premier Designs Prayer Services Depart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin,
    May the love of God surround you during this time knowing you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    "For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear, I will help you" Isaiah 41:13
    Love to your family!!! Melissa and Greg Terrell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have followed your blog and would like to just say I am praying for your family. I grew up in the same neighborhood with Regina and her family. Although we were not close friends I still keep her very close in my thoughts and prayers daily! Please tell her that the Kerry and Laurie Meehan
    Are praying for her..... And for your entire family. I hope she remembers us! It's been a very very long time. Keeping your family in our prayers....
    Laurie Meehan-Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Regina, Kevin and children, I am so glad to know of this blog. What a ministry to those of us who love you all ~ we want to know, we want to help, we want to be near... and we are, through your tender words and faith-filled updates. I have been deeply touched reading the entries this afternoon.

    Regina, I'll never forget your account of the day you set up your jewelry at a spa. You were cramped, and stuck in an out-of-the-way spot, yet you were radiant with joy as you told me about how excited you were to share the jewelry with all of the ladies. And who would be surprised by the fact that you sold a TON of jewelry that day! You, dear one, are a jewel in our eyes, and a precious treasure to our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for and thinking of you always. We appreciate so much that you are keeping us updated and even more appreciate the testimony of faith you have shown. Love you guys.
    Beth, Steve & Alaine

    ReplyDelete