Thursday, November 10, 2011

"WEAK" Five

Today my heart is heavy as I try to work and fight back emotions. Last night I came home from work with a surprise that I thought Regina would enjoy. The problem is, when I walk in the door Katie informs me that Mom has not eaten today and won't let them feed her because she says,"I have already eaten." So, I go into the room to talk to her: ask her about her day, bring in a guest to see her and tell her about the surprise. Her eyes were happy and she seemed in good spirits so I asked why she hadn't eaten yet? She begins to mouth that she has, and I persist that she hasn't. At this point I see the look of confusion on her face, knowing I wouldn't lie to her, and she begins to sob. My consoling calms her and makes me realize that the wife I know and love is starting slip away little by little. Her frail body is starting to give up its fight, as she realizes this is not her home. Yes, we are sad as a family that we will one day, maybe soon, loose Regina on earth. But our hope is in the fact that one day we will be reunited in heaven rejoicing together, at God's awesome plan.

I now recall a time when we were talking about what we would do or ask Christ when we get to heaven. I thought the first thing she would want was to have a conversation with Eve and give her a peice of her mind. Or that she would want to speak to her Nana, her Maternal Grandmother a person to whom she was very much fond of and, if the truth be told, was very much alike. Or, that she would maybe want to talk with another one of her heroes of the Bible, but no not Regina. Her answer gave me perspectve of who she was and were her trust was placed. She said, "For the first thousand years I just want to sit at Jesus' feet and do nothing except thank Him for the nail scars on them." I don't even remember what I said because from that moment those words changed the way I live on this earth. Realizing that one day I will be in heaven and I too want to have the privelige of sitting at Jesus' feet thanking Him for paying the price for my sin.

I love my wife. And I love you, but I don't love you as much as God loves you. You see He sent Jesus to take upon the sins of the world. Yours and mine, that we too could be in heaven with Him someday. He loves you enough to provide the way. You however; must accept His gift by confessing with your mouth and believing in your heart, that Christ was crucified for sin, died for it and was raised from the dead so that he could provide righteousness to you.

Even though Regina's body is weak her faith is stong. She is still "Praying to Live but Prepared to Die" We pray just as Jesus did "for the cup to be taken away, But not our will His will" to be done.

God Bless

Kevin

12 comments:

  1. Praying. Asking God for His mercy and peace. David and Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, Regina, what a blessing it is to have ya'll as friends. You both are such an AMAZING and sometimes QUIRKY (for lack of better words:)) inspiration to us, as well as, wonderful friends. We love you all SO much! We treasure all the many fond and funny memories together. Snow skiing together takes the cake!

    Both of you be strong...continue to walk in you're faith...HE, Our ALMIGHTY GOD, is right there next you!! Let HIM continue to hold and support ya'll through this phase in your lives.

    Regina, I love you Pink Diva! You are a rare and precious Diamond! Hugs!! 5rs (Renee')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Thank you for continuing to share God's word as you go through the most unimaginable thing in life. I've read all that you have blogged. I cry, pray, and even have asked God why. Your blog has helped me understand that it's not "our" will but it is God's will. I will continue to pray for beautiful Regina and your dear precious family. God Bless, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you all! I am so inspired by your continued faith. Please know that you words and faith are helping others in hard time. Love to you all. Prayers for peace.
    Samantha Dipboye Lawson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to you all sorry I couldn't bring myself to come over while I was there but some scarc are too fresh. Know that I love you very much and my prayers are with all of you. Regina you are my inspration and are very much like Mother. Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our love and prayers for your family. Thank you for reaching across the miles to share with those of us who are far away. In the midst of an imperfect world, your faith is a shining beacon of hope, love and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christiany is a confession! We confess we are saved. The word tells us in Romans 4:17 call things not as though they were! JESUS TOOK SICKNESS ON THE CROSS. its not a Question if its Gods will. GOD DOESNT want us sick.....satan does. Rise up church this is a spiritual battle.Claim Reginas healing in Jesus name! 1 peter 2:24 by Jesus stripes we WERE healed. He took cancer on the cross so we don't have to bear it. IT IS DONE! JESUS replied to satan'it is written'. The name of cancer HAS to bow down to the name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cried when I read this. So transparent, so touching and sweet. Love your family- praying everyday throughout the day for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kevin,
    Ron and I were so heart broken to learn about what you have been going through, and that Regina has been suffering so. We are praying for your precious family, and for your precious Regina. I heard some beautiful Christmas music in a store yesterday and began to cry thinking that this beautiful music is nothing compared to the glory, and beauty of Heaven. Regina is God's precious child, and he holds her in his hand. We pray for healing for her body, but know she will be in glory unknown to us here if He decides he wants her to come home. Please know that we are praying and are here if you need us for anything. Thank you for replying to my text to Regina, I wasn't even sure if it was still her number, just wanted her to know I love her and was praying for her.
    God Bless you, Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for Regina and for you and your precious kids. I think about you all constantly and always praying for peace. --Kathy Littlefield

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love you both very much and am praying for the family. I know that God is there with you and am glad that you still see HIM in this situation. Peace and comfort to you all. Love ya! Megan (O'Donnell) Ikerd

    ReplyDelete