Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 26, 2011

Thank you for all of your responses, they help me remember all of the great times and fond memories that I am starting to share with Regina.  Keep them coming as you recall them, it truly touches me to see how many lives my wife has touched.

I remember one time sitting out in front of or driving the parking lot of a store that Regina was going to run in and get one quick thing.  An hour later I walk in to give her "A piece of my mind" and see her hugging a little old man in his 80's.  I asked her, " What was taking so long and who was that?"  She started to cry, telling me she was going to report that rude cashier.  "What?", I said.  Regina then begins to tell me the story, with every sorted detail play-by-play, I'll give the Readers Digest version.  The man was purchasing something and the cashier mumbled a price to the man, who either didn't understand him or hear the cashier.  To which the cashier said the amount again.  Then to put Regina over the top the young man, not schooled in respect, Says L-O-U-D-L-Y and S-L-O-W-L-Y the amount for a third time.  Regina said the man just looked at the money in his hand and looked very puzzled at the cashier and the register.  Regina had had enough, she informed the young cashier of his rudeness and lack of respect and helped the man count out the amount needed to pay his bill.  To make matters worse he didn't have enough, so Regina informed the cashier she would pay the difference.  She paid for hers and the rest of his, ran to catch up to the man and asked him if he was alright or needed any help.  The man with a tear in his eye said, "Thank you, I don't know why I got so confused, my wife and I would always come here and now that she's gone I have to shop by myself." "I don't like to but I needed to."  Regina has a soft spot for the "Seasoned Citizens" she always has.  Regina knew every detail of that mans life.  She has always been able to make you feel comfortable and safe to share anything.  Love that girl.  Okay I can't see the screen to type anymore so I'm ending it for know. 

God Bless and Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Regina has a soft spot for more than just "Seasoned Citizens". Regina has a soft spot for everyone and everything and an amazing way to calm the soul of anyone and bring you out of a funk that no one else is able to bring you out of just with her laugh and smile. I continue to pray for her and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin and Regina, reading your blog and hearing about your genuine love for the Lord and complete trust and surrender to Him has touch my heart. I cannot claim to understand what you are feeling or going through; but, I hope it encourages you to know that you are being showered with prayers and you are loved by so many, most importantly by a Mighty God! I don't expect you to remember me, I graduated McC in 82, but I felt led to share with you anyway. Jan Roberts Hurn

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful story....thanks for sharing that one with us Kevin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin, that story is SO Regina. I love it!

    Regina, I have always believed it was no mere coincidence but rather Gods plan that you came back into my life in 2000 within 24 hours of my first husband walking out on me. Just when I hit rock bottom, you were there to make me smile again. If you'll remember, you called me and I told you I couldn't talk, I was rather upset at the moment, and you told me "NO! You are GOING to talk to me!" LoL And thank God I did. Like Denese above said, you have "an amazing way to calm the soul" and "bring anyone out of a funk."

    ReplyDelete