Saturday, October 15, 2011

Graduation Day coming soon

To live a life worthy of graduating is an honor one we should never take lightly, for it is only by God's sheer grace that we are allowed to do this.  For we are all on the path of condemnation, because we live in this fallen world, fallen from sin that was brought into it by man.  Fallen yes but the Good News is that God provided a way out through His Son, Jesus Christ, that if we we would confess with our mouth that He is Lord and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead we would be saved.  Is there anything holding you back from making Jesus the Lord of your life?  Then why don't you confess it to Him.  Enroll in "school", start going tho "class" then one day you can "graduate.

I use this term because today when I was discussing with the children about Regina this is the term Hannah used to explain death.  Today was a very difficult day in the Carlton household as it is the day that I chose to tell all of the Kid's about Mommy.  I asked them what was wrong with mommy?  What did she have?  Do people die from cancer?  Do they understand that God loves mommy very much?  What happens to people that...?  This is when Hannah in her nine year old wisdom says "they graduate".  So that's when I told them all Mommy's about to "Graduate".  This is when Katie started to loose it followed by each in age order.  "But I don't want to loose mommy."  "I won't have anyone to talk to after school."  "I'm scared."  All the emotions you would expect.  I assured them that they would see mommy again in heaven and that she will always hold a place in their hearts.  I told them all of this only a couple hours removed of being told by the Hospice nurse that your wife has begun the "staging process".  This is what they refer to as, yes that's right I thought we were looking until late December early January. 

They are saying 2-days to 2-weeks, I have no idea.  To look at her today you would never guess.  This was however, after I had asked her to let me know anything special she wanted each of the kids to have remember her by.  And to please prepare a few words for me to tell them before any milestone events ie: graduation or weddings.  These are things we forget to tell or children on a daily basis, I guess because we believe we'll always have time.  You don't... you are not promised your next breath, if your life is out of God's will see above or look at earlier posts.  Give your life to Christ make him Lord of your life.  Amen.

Going to bed Good Night and God Bless!

5 comments:

  1. Kevin,
    You are all in our prayers,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin,

    I don't even know what to say. My heart breaks for you all. I have thought about you all so much and have prayed for you all so much. I will continue to pray.

    Denese Droddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words beautiful heart!!! Hugs n prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin, Our prayers continue to be with you, Regina and the kids. Thank you for sharing your beautiful words with us through your blog. All our love and prayers. We wish we were closer and could help in person. Your family in Missouri--the Chasteens and Haskells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin you and Regina have been on my heart and in my mind on a daily basis im still filled with shock and sadness for yall, i want to come and see her god has had her on my heart since just learning of this as of recent, i remember all the fun times we had my 35 birthday in the limo and all the laughing we would do we called each other sister, i know god is in control and that Regina will be in heaven and we will see her again, but i feel so sad for yall i know how much she loves her family and i know how much yall love her Katie was always such a momma girl, Please let me know when would be a good time to visit, i need to see her and thank her for her friendship and the memories we made.. i love yall and we have been praying for yall...tell her hello and that i love her.. Cindy Stokley

    ReplyDelete