Saturday, October 29, 2011

Get behind thee

9:00 on a Saturday night sitting in the ER at Texas Childrens Hospital waiting to have surgery for Harrison. It seems as though he fell while trying to hop the fence and instead of doing a face plant he put out historic wrist to break the fall and his head actually hit his forearm and broke it. Compound fracture with bone exit, splint and wrap and ran to the emergency room and then transferred via ambulance to TCH. Katie wants to know when we are going to catch a break and I have to remind her the we are all in a broken world and things happen to us all. We are in our temporary home waiting for or call home. Satan can mess with us but he can never have us and it's play to remind him of his dome. Harrison will be fine, we pray for quick healing without infection and full us of his arm. We do pray that that is God's will.

Regina is doing okay, very weak and in a great deal of pain. Her anxiety is high and the nurses are doing what they can to keep her comfortable.

I'm glad I slept late today I am going to need it.

So I say it get behind thee Satan you have no authority here.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for that sweet boy, his momma and family! Keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all. Regina has been heavy on my heart and mind these past weeks. I keep thinking over and over about the many hours we sat next to each other in the NICU with our babies at North East in 2002. God brought us together for support-You guys already had 2 kiddos and Regina had that mother confidence that I lacked having just had my first. Though I hated having my baby in the NICU I gained a friend out of the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks for poor Harrison! Praying for you guys and Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin, Regina and kids! I'm thinking of the times I've made your kids cry! Didn't have the privelege of teaching Hannah and Harrison, but I feel sure, I could make them cry too! LOL. I have so many great memories of swim team with you all! Watching Regina at one end of the pool yelling, screaming and all of us coercing them to "keep" swimming! Brant has taken my place at Walden and loves your kiddos for sure. Of course, Flat Stanley never looked better then next to Brant in his Speedo. Regina, we love you! Hugs to you all! I'm here to run errands or what ever you need....of course, if you need to make them cry, I am your woman! LOL HUGS!

    ReplyDelete