Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thank you

Many of you know because you participated, but recently there was an imprompto fundraiser to assist in paying off some of the medical bills that mounted up during the battle waged against Regina's body. We know that the cancer didn't win but it did pay a mighty toll on us, and as Satan has come to steal, kill and destroy, God has sought fit to reclaim, give eternal life and restore. I want to thank all that participated, it was a huge blessing to us. Daron said that many did not get to participate and wanted to do something, don't worry I think Daron has agreed to cook again just before Easter to once again give you the opportunity to enjoy his awesome smokehouse foods. (More Details I am sure later.)

This actually came at a perfect time because last week I was feeling extremly lonely and it just was a very difficult week. This week has reminded me once again how hard this is: Katie has had a few blows given to her and generally she would talk to her mother about such matters because normally her dad would say dust your feet off and move on. Last night all that was here was me and all I could do was hug her because I didn't know how to fix it other than beat up the other person an act THAT I WILL NOT CARRY OUT (for the record). So again as I said all I could do was hug her, it just didn't seem like enough. I also missed an opportunity to pray with her and I'm sad about that, but I have prayed since for her and will be more watchful for the next moment. All of this just proves why God puts a mom and a dad in the home; as I struggle to understand emotion, Regina was all emotion and her problem solving came from that line of thinking. I on the otherhand fix stuff, garbage disposal not working then I fix it, someone hurts my kid then I fix it. I am learning, my mouth on the end of a open fire hydrant, to breath listen and let some things just work themselves out. Don't worry honey if you read this I am always here for a hug, I love you!!!

Wanted those of you that read this to know that on Thursday evenings we have started a new Bible Study for men to meet here at my home, 8611 Malardcrest Dr., Humble, 77346, ALL ARE WELCOME. This is a Matt Chandler series that we will do on the book of Philippians. Look forward to seeing many of you, it starts at 7:30pm and we will go until 9:00pm this should give you time to get home from work and then come and share with others.

Again thank you for all the support that each of you give to me with your comments and encouragement to the blog and also to all of you that helped this past week bless us in a time of need.

God Bless

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment