Friday, March 16, 2012

Sprin Break 2012

Many firsts on this vacation; from having someone else not family with us, traveling without my navigator, being in charge of planning everything. None of these things did I prepare for. First of all I have never planned a vacation, Regina would heavelie suggest that "I" needed a vacation and so we decided where and she did pretty much the rest. A vacation in my mind involves golf, fishing, sleeping in the afternoon and at least one juicy steak (as stated in my mind). This time it was okay guys what do you want to do? Followed by many suggestions that added up to some serious cash, so we took everyones suggestions tried to do one. We have fished not caught, we have shopped, we have done lazer tag and go-carts, saw SIX in concert, visited the talking roock caverns and today are going back to Silver Dollar City before returning home. A few naps have been caught have see a bobcat no deer, some really crazy signs from speed limit 12 1/2 MPH to Slow Children, second one's funniest to us probably, but I'm sure you get it.

This trip has been different and difficult at times without Regina, but one we had to do I think. It was hard to hear the story of SIX, a group of brothers that sing without any instruments except their own voices (includes drums, guitar licks, sweet bass, brass and much more). You see they are a family of 10 boys to a mother that was told she would never have children and yes just a few years ago they lost thier mother to cancer. Lynn, one of the boys wrote a song for her and not one person in my group was dry eyed. The reason we came to Branson was because of Regina, so I was suprized when the kids wanted to do this trip. It has been very rewarding, and yes I look forward to others.

We will talk again soon.

Kevin

2 comments:

  1. So glad you all have a wonderful time. A much needed vacation and part of God's healing plan. Love to all of you! Sheila

    ReplyDelete